Definition: Sources of intellectual property or ideas with commercial potential from research centers, universities or entrepreneurs.
Erie’s Entrepreneurial Ecosystem is expanding. There are a number of ways to get connected:
- Sign up for our Newsletter highlighting entrepreneurs, local support opportunities, and ecosystem news.
- Reach out to us or another resource provider at the links provided to the right.
- See the full list of events below and attend!
- Watch your peers share their perspective as Erie Entrepreneurs.
You have products to sell
You have products to sell and a great website, but how do you help customers who are ready to buy find you?
You have a tight marketing budget, and don’t want to spend it only to find out once the campaign is over that it was a failure.
Your business needs an affiliate program.
Affiliate Marketing is a great way for businesses both large and small to not only obtain additional sales, but to find new customers, widen brand awareness and increase their online footprint.
And what makes affiliate marketing so great is the fact that a business only pays when a desired action takes place. Typically that action is a sale, but programs can be set up to reward partners for information requests, mailing list additions, etc.
You’ll hear it again and again. Affiliate marketing is all about relationships – the relationship between the advertiser (that’s you), the affiliate (also known as the publisher) and the consumer. The age-old concept is so easy, and that’s what makes affiliate marketing so successful.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
E-Marketing Learning Center
5451 Merwin Ln., Rm. 222, Erie, PA
This competition aims to raise
This competition aims to raise awareness of the great talents within our regional academic programs, and to help generate more students’ interest in developing businesses or entrepreneurial endeavors beyond the confines of their college or university years. We will again be showcasing the best of the creative and innovative solutions, products, and services that are being invented by the region’s college students.
Open to ALL ACTIVE local university and college students
- Student-developed, and completed or due for completion during the academic year 2016-2017. The project is not required to be part of assigned coursework.
- Define or produce a solution that demonstrates innovation, originality, potential benefit and feasibility.
- Have at least one team member and one mentor available to attend the showcase April 6th, 2017.
- Be recommended as one of the two projects to represent their institution by Faculty and Administrators.
(Thursday) 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
100 Erie Insurance Place, Erie, PA
The first ever venture accelerator
The first ever venture accelerator competition in Mercer County
First Place Winning Team – $25,000 in funding + incubation space at eCenter + additional services
Eligibility – Unlike the OH-PENN business competition, VIA – eCenter will no longer be restricted to just college teams. The teams will also no longer be required to come from PA or OH. Teams from ANY state are eligible. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
Applicants Age – Competitors must be over 18.
Geographical criteria – Applicants from any state are eligible; however, Grand Prize Winning Team must agree to relocate to Mercer County, PA.
Time Requirements – Applicants will be required to spend 20 weeks post funding in the eCenter Accelerator Program.
Industry sector – Companies can come from any industry sector but must have some technology component.
Company stage – Companies may be pre- or post revenue.
FINAL ROUND PITCH COMPETITION
Date: Between May 15 – June 15 2017 | Location: The eCenter
Live Pitch Elements & Timeframe
Each team will get 7-10 minutes to do live pitch via PowerPoint
Each team will then submit to 5 minutes of Q & A by the judges
May 15 (Monday) 1:00 pm - June 15 (Thursday) 1:00 pm
3580 Innovation Way, Hermitage, PA 16148
- Allegheny College
- Center for Applied Research and IP Development at Clarion
- Clarion University
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Entrepreneurial Leadership Center at Clarion University
- Fortis Institute Erie
- Gannon University
- Great Lakes Institute of Technology
- Innovation Erie Design Competition
- Knowledge Park at Penn State Erie
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Mercyhurst University
- Tom Ridge School of Intelligence Studies and Info Systems
- Penn State Economic Research Institute of Erie
- Penn State Erie The Behrend College
- PASSHE Business Plan Competition
- Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program
- Precision Manufacturing Institute
- Startup Erie
- Startup Incubator at Edinboro University
- Young Entrepreneurs Society